Announcing CodeZero General Availability
At CodeZero, we believe that modern DevOps practices are key to unlocking the full value of Cloud Native Computing.
“Halyard” is a new approach to Developing, Deploying and Managing containerized applications that run in any Kubernetes environment.
With v 1.1.0 of Halyard, CodeZero delivers the following features to developers:
Access in-cluster workload environment variables on local workstation.
Resolve and send requests to in-cluster services from local workstation.
Route in-cluster service request to local workstation based on:
- No discriminator (all traffic)
- Default discriminator (header x-c6o-intercept:yes)
- Custom discriminator (header key:value)
Access in-cluster workload volumes on local workstation
Halyard increases developer velocity by allowing the developer to:
- Eliminate time spent setting up local configuration to work with a Development Environment
- Skip the time consuming Deploy step in the Development Cycle and be able to Test and Debug locally
- Intercept requests sent to any Environment to the local Workstation for diagnosis
- Access state of various in-cluster Workloads on the local Workstation for diagnosis
- Use development profiles set up by the resident Kubernetes expert
- Collaborate with other team members without having to deploy services to the cluster or affecting other users
- Reduce the difference in configuration across Environments thereby, reducing the likelihood of configuration related issues
- Use sessions to track any residue added to the cluster so the cluster can be restored to its original state when the session is closed
- Install applications in Kubernetes interactively without knowing any YAML
Install the czctl CLI now:
npm install -g @c6o/cli